Saturday, March 2, 2013

Last post on this side of the water...for now ;)

Its been
11months of waiting
almost 3 weeks on the other side of the world
Nearly 32 GB of picture taking
Countless more memories
Numerous Prayers Answered
Adding the most precious little girl we could've imagined to our family...
Worth more than words express
Worth more than every penny we have....

If God is whispering in your ear -how about one more??
Please, PLEASE consider adoption....

If one more isn't in your heart but you believe changing the life of one child is - help support someone you know who is adopting... your prayers and financial contribution is worth more than their weight in gold.

We are thankful for each one of you who have been such a special part of our journey to our sweet daughter. The journey will continue as we continue to learn to be a family of five with our different backgrounds and cultures... So thankful we have each of you who have experience, who are prayer warriors for us, who have love that only God could give... thank you... I wish I could respond to each one of you individually - but know that we love you and are so thankful for you!

For those who are curious- we leave Hong Kong at 8:20 am in the morning (Sunday). We are scheduled to arrive in Tampa at 6:12 pm Sunday on Delta flight 1581 from Detroit. You are welcome to greet us at the airport if you would like. Please do not feel you need to. :)

We do have some rules of engagement for when we return...  I know to some of you it won't make much sense but I am trusting those who have gone before us and the numerous books we've read on adopted children...

1. Please do not pick Meisi up - she may even lift her arms for you to carry her, but please don't. 
2. Please do not offer Meisi any food.  If you'd like to give her something - please hand to us first for us to give her. 
3.  Please don't quit offering play dates... I promise I will say yes when we are ready.
4. Please do stop by to visit, my extroverted self needs this desperately.
5. Please do call - I need this too, just understand if I am half listening and conversations are short...but I do miss you and our talks.
6.  Please don't be offended....we are learning too and want to do what is best for her for now.


Meisi has not had a family before.  While we believe she was very well cared for and even loved at New Hope and LWB it still is not the same as a family.  She is still learning to trust us and realize what family means.  She needs to know Brian and I will be here forever, that we are her only Mama and Dada, that we are going to provide all her needs - especially food.  It may takes weeks, it may take months.  I don't really know how we will know we are ready...but I think we will know.  Trust me, I know this sounds foreign to those who haven't adopted.  Poor Karen has had a very hard time during this trip longing to hold her, but she has been awesome to understand why we have those limits for now.  We hope you understand too. 

Looking forward to seeing you.  Sad to leave this amazing land...not so much Hong Kong..but I miss mainland China already....  but I think we will be back...

On a funny note... Aili says tonight as we were discussing the great location of the Novotel here in Hong Kong, "Well, when we come back to adopt the little boy from Anhui Healing Home then we can stay at the Novotel."  :) My sweet Aili... no question of if we should adopt again...but when we do... :)

Last Prayer requests before we leave China soil...
1. That our flights make it with us on them....we only have a one hour layover in Japan and change planes to catch the one to Detroit..
2.  That we can rest on the long flight to Detroit
3.  That Meisi does well through all these flights and time changes.
4.  That our jet lag isn't too hard when we get home.
5.  That we are a living example of God's love throughout the journey home...even when tired. :)

We love you guys and are so thankful for you!  Looking forward to seeing you soon!! 

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I can't believe it is already time for you guys to come home!! Praying for a safe, smooth journey home. Emmy is doing just fine and we haven't even opened the new bag of food yet. So when you get back don't feel like you have to rush to get her. You know we love her and she is never a bother here. I want you guys to be comfortable at home. Emmy and I have been talking a lot about her new baby she is getting. LOL I am so sorry you got sick! =( I really can not imagine getting sick in another country and feeling so horrible. Excited to see you guys!!!

    ~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deidra & Fam,
    I can't wait to meet her! I know what it is to love a foreign land and I trust that as God heals your Meisi and teaches her what family is, that He will reveal to you what that means. Thank you for taking this step of faith and following Him. There is nowhere else to be in this life but this crazy ride called 'Faith.'

    ReplyDelete