Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day in China


Happy Valentine's Day.  This by far was the most special one we have had possibly ever! 
 
Visit to New Hope and LWB Heartbridge Unit was even more special than I could've imagined. I coudn't have dreamt up a better day and situation for our sweet daughter to have been nurtured and healed through.   I'd love to share pictures, but unable to download them right now.  We got to say, "Hi" to the nanny who cared for Meisi when she was a tiny baby and see the crib where she slept then we got to meet the nannies who cared for her more recently in New Hope and see her crib there.  It was so wonderful to sit with Robin and Joyce the founders of New Hope and hear how God told Joyce this is what they were to do and the amazing ways God has provided for them during their years of working here in China with sick orphans.  They are such an amazing couple with such a love for these children and such trust and faith in God to provide. 
 
It was so wonderful to meet the nannies.  They were truly happy to meet us and see who Meisi's Mama and Baba are.  She has truly been loved there I could just see and feel it in their eyes and experessions.  We are so thankful for God's provision for her to be cared for there. 
 
It was a special treat to see some of the precious children we have been praying for from LWB Heartbridge newsletters and FB posts.  Oh my heart... so many I wanted to just wrap up and take with me. It was very hard leaving there today.  But the knowledge that Monday is just around the bend made it a little easier.  I urge you from my innermost soul.... if you have had even a fleeting thought of adopting...please...PLEASE seek out information, pray hard and if God leads...move forward.. these children need Mamas and Daddys to love them, to hold them and kiss them. 
 
Their sweet smiles melted my heart but their reaching out to us... no words to express.....
Of course, we can't adopt them all, but one child at a time we can make a difference....please pray.....
 
If you have seen LWB Heartbridge newsletter and wondered about Jenny, Brody or Anthony... we saw each of those precious children today and I can tell you - they are adorable, smiling, the sweetest little babies.....  
 
Sorry...I didnt start this post intending for it to be a plea for your attention and heart...but that is what God has placed on me today... 
 
After we returned back to the hotel we took a little walking journey with Karen and the kids.  We found a McDonalds - haha...I know very unlike us but was getting late and needed food :)  We went to a mall and also walked to a market to buy snacks for the room. The kids enjoyed their little adventure. :)  The fireworks have been nonstop since dusk.  Seriously, they are going off in about a dozen diffeerent locations within 1/2 mile of our hotel.  It is loud, but pretty. :) 
 
OK...hopefully I will be able to catch up on photos another day!  Bummed it won't let me load anything.  Thanks so much Debbie for posting for me! :)  
 
Brian, Aili and Ian are already asleep.  I think I will join them!  Maybe tomorrow I can finally get pictures to download. :)  Thanks again for all your prayers.  I wish I could tell you all the amazing ways we clearly see God answering them! :) 
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you were able to meet face-to-face with Robin and Joyce...that is where Gabriel received so much love and care. We are currently sponsoring a little fellow there named Isaiah (CHD)
    I so identify with the desire to bring them all home...thank you for opening your hearts to Meisi.
    Happy True Valentine's Day!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah - I had no idea!!! It was truly a pleasure meeting Roin and Joyce and such an amazing blessing to get to go to New Hope on Valentine's Day. :) God is truly an awesome God!

      Delete