Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankful for time together

Is it Sunday already??  I must admit I am kinda sad to see my kids go back to school tomorrow and my hubby go back to work. 

We had planned a busy week of traveling back to KY to see dear friends, but we weren't able to get Brian's schedule worked out in time to do that.  So, instead, we stayed here and had

SO.
MUCH.
FUN!!

One day we went on a VERY long bike ride in our neighborhood, stopping periodically to take
pictures, play on playground, sit on a pier...




The kids have been begging to camp out - so we went camping - sort of....

People talk about "car camping", but we went "Garage Camping."  We put up the projector and watched a couple movies, played Chutes and Ladders, Bingo and Go fish then roasted marshmallows on our grill. :)  It was a blast, but our blow ups had holes in them so, we snuck back inside our cozy beds to sleep.  I do wish I knew how to get videos on here.  We laughed harder than I can remember with some of Ian's songs he sang us. :)  Great belly laughs!!  My little man is hilarious!! 



Thanksgiving dinner was fantastic this year too!!  So thankful for our dear friends from our Life Group (Bible Study group).  We got to eat together for Thanksgiving.  I even played Bocce ball for the first time.  It was fun!!  Even better that my teammate carried us through to win the championship - thanks Jason! :) 
 
While there - Ian finally agreed to marry J (a few weeks ago he was the runaway groom during life group). :)  Of course, right at the end she got wet feet - haha.  We are discussing the benefit of arranged marriages. lol  Look at their smiles- aren't they cute?? 


Black Friday shopping??  Of course!!  This time with grandparent's money though. :)  They sent it for me to do the kids shopping.  Waaaayyyy more fun to spend someone else's money. :) 

I tried really hard to keep up with the 30 days of thankfulness on facebook but I am soo far behind on that.  I have too much to be thankful for to just think of one thing each day!!  Obviously thankful we are getting closer everyday to getting Meisi, although the wait for LOA has been one of the hardest and most emotional roller coasters I have ever been on..   This too shall pass.  Thankful this is the last Thanksgiving she will have without us (haha - of course, she has no idea what thanksgiving is...yet). :)  Thankful that she is already part of our family.  We talk about her, pray for her, buy her things, love her.  Even though she will not be "with" us in 2012, we are thankful for the birth of our daughter and sister in our hearts this year. :)  Ian today says, "Meisi is the smallest in our family."  When asked how many kids we have, the kids immediately say, "Three, our baby sister is waiting for us in China!"  LOVE it and my precious kids!! :) 

Speaking of precious kids....this morning in worship we sang Matt Redman's "Never Let Go."  I wept throughout it, praying for a precious little boy named Seth and His sweet mom Sarah -

"I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on,
There will be an end to these troubles, but until that day comes,
Still I will praise you, Still I will praise you."

I had posted about this precious little boy identified as "Kelly" in my VERY first blog post here.  "Kelly" who is now Seth is home with his amazing family. :) However, the doctors here have said he is inoperable and medications will not help with his heart defect. If you would like to follow along on her blog it is here. Can you pray with me for this sweet child and family? I am praying it is God's will to heal Seth and to give the Risley's amazing comfort and peace throughout this journey. The power of prayers is amazing.

Thankful for each moment we have and the time we have together.

Hoping this week I will FINALLY get to share pictures of Meisi with you!!!  COME ON LOA!!! 


On a final note - I am thankful for my amazing man!!  I just came donwstairs to load these pictures and all the dishes are done. :)  I am blessed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment