I know that is good news because she is getting nutrition...
But I admit to being sad reading how much she has grown and all the milestones she has had that we have missed, and, and.....
Yes, yes....we have many more years to be with her and see and live more milestones WITH her...
Just a happy/sad day for this waiting Mama. Did I mention adoption causes just as much if not more emotional instability than pregnancy??
Back to the update -
Here are the questions we asked and their answers. Would love to know what some of the foods and drinks are...
1. Please provide current measurements.
Height: 84.5 cm (33 inches) Weight: 11.6 kg (25.5 lb) Head size: 45.4 cm (17.9 in) Chest size: 50 cm (19.7 in) Foot length: 12 cm (size 5) Teeth number: 20
2. Please provide updated pictures.
Her photos are attached.
3. Please provide update on health.
Her current health condition is good.
4. Has she had any illnesses?
5. How does her CHD affect her in daily life activities?
They told her CHD has little impact on her daily life activities.
6. Please provide update on verbal and motor skills. Is she talking? Walking?
Yes, she is talking and she can say simple words (but she doesn’t like to talk; she is a little introverted; she usually smiles to you when you call her). She can walk and run with ease.
7. What is her favorite food and drink?
She likes cooked wheaten foods, such as steamed stuffed buns and dumplings. She likes sweet and sour beverage (ummm...what is sweet and sour beverage??)
8. What are her favorite toys?
She likes toys with bright colors.
9. What are her favorite activities?
She likes to play with toys and play games with other children.
10. What is her personality like? Is she serious? Silly? Mischievous? Well behaved? Happy? Sad?
She is introverted and shy.
11. What name or nickname is she most often called?
They usually call her Zhen Zhen.
12. Does she get along well with other children?
13. Does she sleep through the night?
She typically sleeps through the night and occasionally wakes up.
14. What soothes her when she is hurt or upset?
You can hold her and give her snacks when she is hurt or upset.
15. What is her nighttime routine?
16. What is her daytime routine?
17. Does she drink from bottle?
18. Does she have any allergies?
19. What type of snacks does she like?
She likes ham, fried potatoes and crackers. (what kind of ham is a snack?)
We got a few pictures too. :) This is one of my favorites as it shows her little personality some...wonder if she is hiding because she is introverted and shy?
Oh my sweet Meisi - Mama cannot wait to hold you...
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God that transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." (Phil 4:6-7, my emphasis added on those things I struggle with...)
Lord, thank you for our precious new daughter you have blessed us with. Please Father, if it be Your will, let us get through these last stages in high speed so that we can be with Meisi quickly. We desperately want to be with her for her second birthday (earlier would be even better). ;) We ask this in Jesus's precious and Holy Name. Amen.